- Bookmark the Working Group’s landing page. All key info centralized there.
- Join our Working Group’s Slack channel by:
- Joining the AISC Slack
- Go to ‘channels’ → ‘add channels’ → join ‘wg-ml-in-freshwater-management’.
- Main source of announcements & collaboration.
- Recommended virtual environment - Google Colab.
- Google Colab is essentially a Google Cloud hosted Juypter notebook.
- Synchronizes everyone’s environments for easier collaborative bug fixing.
- Gives free GPU access. Google Colab - How to use it
- Weekly meetings
- Meetings weekly at 6 pm, Wednesday
- Meeting joining link: https://meet.jit.si/Zhaoqin-MLforwaterlevel-group
- If miss a meeting, check under ‘Our Journey’ on landing page + Slack to keep up.
- Gift distribution
- The first 3 people / groups crossing the minimal goal will be given a CAD$500 gift.
- All those reaching after will have $1000 equally divided amongst them.
- For the $500 gift - it will be equally divided among teammates.
- The lead may adapt division of gifts based on how the group progresses.
- Guide overall project direction.
- Host a Q/A in the weekly meets.
- May NOT know everything.
- But will help source expertise from self / group / community to deal with project bottlenecks. (as people or Recipes)
- Can reach on the AISC Slack. (Joining details mentioned above)
- Reach minimal goal by the end of 8-10 weeks.
- Can do so alone or in teams - form them on your own.
- We’ve seen 3 works best - but you can have as large or small a team you like]
- You can form teams now or during the middle of the project.
- Camera mostly on during weekly meetings
- In the spirit of open source, you are encouraged & expected to share the resources you’re using to solve the project problems with the rest of the teams (as Recipes). Additional gifts for that. More details on that soon.